What really went wrong ?

Apr 26, 2009


I met her during the annual holidays in 1999. She is one of my cousins who live in the other end of Maldives. Her dad migrated years ago due to family conflict I suppose. She was nice, friendly but reserved person at first. I roamed with her often to the phone booth but did not know who she was calling until one day she told me that he was her boy friend. He seems the only person who cherishes her when she was depressed due to her dad’s second marriage. Since she left my island, we do not regularly keep in contact, but she invited me over to her island in 2003. It was during Eid. We met after long and had lot to talk about and I was enjoying some new varieties of foods they introduced me too. I still remember ‘Kopeefai masuni’ which I loved so much and could not stop talking about it. She was still in a relationship with her long term boy friend. It was not shock for me as I knew how much he loved her. But things started changing when they got married in 2005. My cousin sensed that he was having an affair. She was pregnant that time and when she found out he promised her that he will stop seeing that lady. But later she again discovered that he was still continuing his affair. When she told me that I suggested her that she should get divorce before its late but she hesitates saying that her parents would not like it. She is a mother of two now and still with the cheating husband. She told me that, they have not talked properly since she discovered his little secret, but they are married. She is frustrated and depressed but did not want to get divorce. She thinks that he might get married again. She is suffering inside but does not want to be rescued from the cottage since it may affect her family status. She is hurting herself and her two kids, but does she have other option?
It seems that the relationships are broken due to various reasons, which are 1) unchecked emotional baggage 2) dishonesty and deception 3) Emotional clip wrap 4) Fairy tale fantasies. I do not know where the tale of my cousin fits here.
It is true when some of the writers say that [ in early days it is tempting to see the world through rose coloured glass but to make the partnership last take them off and be alert to warnings of trouble]. My cousin could have been little cautious when she married to him.

Comments

2 Responses to “What really went wrong ?”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Sad story it is.
first the mistakes are;
1) Not knowing how to understand people.
2) Refusal to change
3) letting go

Remedies
1) Accept change - time/people/place & everything changes and the thing that changes most is the human MIND.

[he is allowed to marry 4, now it's time to recognize and welcome it. accept the new person and assure him that she will always be there for him - be positive]

2) You can't change others, Think! so why force others to change! if you force, it may bend once changes to its original with even greater force!

3) We really know what he need, why not Give him what he needs!

just wat i think. i know it's too long.

ye true tat guys are allowed to get married to 4 according to islamic law, but even it comes with conditions. The problem is actually guys do not know wat they want. once they are married then they realise oh god this is wrong choice and they also feels that there is no going back .. too bad.

 
GuLzAaR. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger