Wondering why it is a wonder

Mar 23, 2008


Taj Mahal, being a one of a wonders of the world situated in India and makes more thrilling that it is in Asia. It is a monument built by the Muguls and regarded as the best and finest one they ever build. It is built entirely with white marbles with inlaid design of flowers in gems. The architectural works of Taj Mahal was often impressed by the western historians. It was built by Shah Jahan in the memory of his wife and queen Mumthaz Mahal at Agra.

When I was at school I read about wonders of the world, then I was having an impression that this will rock my life if ever I had a chance to see the Taj Mahal in my real eyes. Never knew why it is regarded as a wonder. When I had a chance to travel to New Delhi, spending two days in a Train on a tour, First thing me and my friends did was hire a cab to Agra. It was during hot summer. The breeze was so hot and we were feeling thirsty always. After 3 to 4 hours journey we finally reached to Agra where again we took another hour to reach to the Taj Mahal compound. As the vehicles were not allowed we took a rikshaw till the gate of the Taj Mahal. We got tickets and then experienced the lies and difficulties. However we managed to enter. We all were thirsty and were feeling tired. We were happy to see the one of the wonders of the world with our real eyes. I am very sure that everyone out there will be feeling the same thing. when we entered in to our surprise we saw was a building. huge mosque like structure, long pond, lots of trees shape, lots of people taking pictures with different pauses. We took few pictures from outside and when entered inside there was a protected area with iron bars in four side and when looked down what we can see was a stair case. The man next to us told that we all should throw a coin there. It seems that if we wish for anything it will come true. I did the same, never was that my wish came true. Then again we passed the door we saw the two tomb. Thats the where the Mumthaz was buried and Shah Jahan was brought buried when he died in Agra Fort.

I thought of myself that what a waste of money and energy but reality was that I felt kind of proud of myself. Thought it is just a building and there is nothing else to see other than admiring the architecture works, the craft men creativity, the four other building sides by, the unequal octagon. After this I have visited again twice, every time sees the same thing and feels the same. I did go other places where I found same architecture works but better amazed and impressed. I still do not understand why this is treated as a wonder. But trust me even if I say this you cannot stop yourself craving for a visit to Taj Mahal. I keep wondering why that is so....

Comments

One response to “Wondering why it is a wonder”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

BuGs said...
19:37

very true... When we talk of taj mahal, we should also remember the ones who lost their hands and the violation of human rights, the scenes behind the huge structure...

i totally agree with u die :D

 
GuLzAaR. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger