Couple of Collective Days in My Life

Sep 5, 2009


It was in week end. As usual I went to do some grocery shopping. After my grocery shopping I headed towards bus stand. It was then I hear someone called from behind. I did not respond and kept walking since the voice I heard was not so welcoming. She sounded very rude and not polite. When I did not look behind she used ‘f’ word at me. Later I realised that she was asking for money. I wondered how come they asked for money when their government pays them unemployment, social and allowances which totalled to around 600 USD per fortnight. A week after same incidence, I was waiting for traffic light when two healthy middle age guys asked for2 Dollar for food. They do not seem they are poor at all. A few days after again when myself and my friend were roaming around in a shopping mall, a lady in her 50s came and asked for 2 Dollar for coffee. She should have seen thousand people around but she came over to us. She was well dressed with makeup on and looked very decent. After a series of these incidences, I thought hit me. When these people are getting enough money to survive, why do they beg for money in a professional way? Is it because they are brought that way? Or else they find us richer than them? or when they sees a person with scarf and think that they are suppose to be generous because their religion says to help a person in need? If they think in that way they misunderstood simple Islamic concept. I wonder when these people stop alienating people because they are from different culture.

Comments

No response to “Couple of Collective Days in My Life”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

 
GuLzAaR. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger